Justin Simmonds BA (Psych) P.G.Dip (Psych), P.G.Cert (Org Psych) M. Psych (Clinical)
- Masters in Clinical Psychology (with Distinction) - University of Western Sydney, 2008
Thesis: Stress reduction and minimising habitual worry through Mindfulness
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis - Australian Society of Hypnosis (APS Approved), Current
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychological Practice (Organisational)
- Australian College of Applied Psychology, 2006
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training - Australian Institute of Management, 2005
- Certificate in Human Resource Management - Australian College of Applied Psychology, 2004
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology (Distinction) - University of Western Sydney, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - Macquarie University, 1994 - 1997
Justin is an experienced Clinical Psychologist with 17 years in the industry, working across: Counselling and clinical treatment, Career management and vocational counselling, Life and business coaching for both individuals and organisations, Psychometric testing and assessment, Occupational rehabilitation.
Justin is experienced working with clients experiencing depression, anxiety, stress, trauma, relationship issues, family issues, health concerns, performance difficulties and drug and alcohol problems.
Justin is accredited as a trainer and facilitator with Beyond Blue, and regularly presents at conferences both nationally and internationally as an expert on mental health and the workplace. Particular interest areas include mindfulness and meditation, self control and willpower, and facilitating health behaviour change.
Justin utilises a variety of evidence-based interventions to support clients experiencing a range of challenges and mental health issues. These approaches include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Brief Solution Focussed Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Mindfulness based interventions. Justin is also trained in Clinical Hypnosis, as well as being a practicing Coaching Psychologist, using a range of positive psychology and performance psychology interventions to help clients maximise their potential and achieve their goals.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8am - 6pm